Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lots to post

Here are Allison's 1 year stats. I took her to the doctor yesterday. She only got one shot, they are ordering the combo shot of the other two vaccines so I'm going to wait until June 15th. That way she only gets one poke instead of two. She will also get her TB test at that time. I had to put it off because you have to go back three days later and have the test read. I couldn't get that in until after school is out. Next week Wednesday is the last day for the kiddos. Yea, freedom!

Allison is growing like a weed, just not putting on much weight. The doctor said there is nothing to worry about. She said we should start giving her whole milk and ween her from the bottle. Yea! No more washing bottles!! I've been trying to get her to take her formula from her cup but she isn't on board yet. We are going to try the sippy cups that have a straw, the doctor thinks she might like them better. We will see.

At 1 year; Height: 31 and 3/4 in greater than 97%
Weight: 19lbs and 12 oz only 25%
Head size: 45 and 1/4 cm 60%

Her next appointment is at 15 months.... wonder if she will stay off the charts in height.

She has 6 teeth, two on the bottom and four on the top. She is trying new foods like pasta, papaya, scrambled eggs and a taste of pizza and cupcake at her birthday party. I gave her craisins the other day and she kept putting them in her mouth until I stopped her at 7. She was so excited, she forgot to chew them. So we had to spit them out and start over. We are still avoiding are nuts, citrus fruit, and things with a lot of sugar or salt. She is eating 3rd stage Gerber baby food for the most part. Oh, we can't leave home with out the Cheerios! I would say they are still her favorite.

She is wearing size 3 diapers but will probably outgrow them soon. She wears anything from 9 months to 18 months in clothes. It just depends. Today I have her wearing a dress that is 3 months, she is wearing it like a shirt and has leggings under it. She is narrow through the shoulders and ribs, so the arm holes are usually too big. Of course length is the problem, most of her dresses are worn as long shirts and I put leggings under them.

She likes floating in the pool (that will be a later post.) She is walking a little, but she is still cautious. She will walk to Adam or I if we are waiting to catch her, usually between 3-6 steps. She hasn't struck out for things on her own yet. I'm not looking forward to her falling into the furniture. Maybe she is smart enough to avoid that all together. She will cruise around the whole apartment, she can cruise along the wall. If she wants to cover the little bit of open space we have she will crawl.

Her night time routine starts around 5:30 with dinner. Then some playtime (usually with Dadda while I cook dinner for us.) Then bath at 6:30/ 7, brush the teeth, read a story, nurse and in the crib around 8. We have been putting her to bed awake so she can learn to fall asleep without having to nurse. I am starting to ween her but I'm not in a rush. She still needs us to pat her back and be in the room while she falls asleep. It is taking less and less time. The other day she was asleep within 10 mins. She will wake up once around 4/5am but go back down if I pat her back or nurse her. She will then sleep until 6 or 7. She is taking a morning nap of 2 hours and an afternoon nap that lasts anywhere from 20 mins to an hour. She is active and talks all the time. Common words are; Dadda, mama, baba, up, hi, bye. She will parrot some other words but she is not using them on her own yet. She loves to point to everything and expects you to take her where ever she points. She will throw a tantrum when she gets frustrated, we try to ignore it and distract her. It usually works. Right now her tantrums are only at home. Over all we are very lucky, she is a good baby.

No comments: