I know this looks like low lying fog but it's actually volcanic fog, we call it 'vog,' that blows our way from the Big Island. Usually we have strong trades winds from the East/Northeast but occasionally we get what are called Kona winds that lightly blow in from the South/SouthEast. They recommend that anyone with respiratory problems remain inside, but most of us don't have air conditioners so what is the difference? My classroom is air conditioned so it's better that I went to work this day. My friend Emily and I both had sore throats by the end of the day. You can't smell it in the air but you can definitely see it.
These pictures were taken on my way to work at 7:00 am. The vog was so thick it almost blocked out the sun! These pictures were taken last month. I had never seen the vog this bad.


1 comment:
Who is that gorgeous woman hiding in the passenger seat of the car on the freeway? Ha-ha!! =)
Post a Comment