Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Flowers






I got a beautiful orchid plant from one of my students in September and promptly killed it.  I brought it home because Adam has a green thumb.  It is starting to come back, slowly.  A friend of Adam's from work has an orchid nursery so she was giving him advice on how to revive my plant.  A few weeks ago we went out to her nursery that is run full time by her husband.  I picked out two orchids that I love and Adam got them for me.  The purple one is called "happy face" and as soon as I saw it I loved it.  I carried it around the nursery with me. The other one is a pygmy orchid and blooms twice a year for a couple of months at a time which is the longest blooming orchid I know of.  Usually they bloom once a year for about a month.  

No comments: