Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend Backyard Hike

Me and Jennifer, Kalihi Valley is in the background.
We can see our house in this one.  It is really hard to point out but I'll try to describe it.  If you enlarge this picture the house is almost perfectly centered.  Our house is next to a two-story house with a white roof.  There is a red car behind my black Kia parked on the street in front. Good luck trying to find it :)


The hike we went on this weekend was amazing.  It was 5 miles round trip and increased in elevation by over 1,300 ft.  The hike was right in our neighborhood, it went along the ridge of the valley we live in.  We could see our house at one point of the hike.  I never thought I would be looking over the walls of our valley but this weekend I did.  It took Adam, Jennifer, and me 4 hours to hike.  Mainly because I was stopping to take pictures and going slow.  Adam and Jennifer probably could have hiked it in half the time, but they wouldn't have spent so much time enjoying the scenery :)  The pictures of course don't do it justice, the ridge got pretty narrow in some places and we got up to over 1,300 ft.  It was very exciting, parts of the trail took my breath away.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your house! Hooray!! Looks fun!