We had a great hike this weekend. We did a 5 mile loop in Aiea just outside of town. The hike wasn’t very steep, we only gained 900 ft. Unlike the last hike which was 1500ft. The hike we did yesterday is know for a B-24 Army Air Corps bomber that crashed on May 5, 1944 after taking off from Hickam Field. We were supposed to see the wing section from the trail but we never found it. I got to wear my new hiking shoes, thanks Mom and Dad. They don't look new anymore, but hiking shoes don't stay clean for long.
We did however come across some local guys hunting wild boar with a pack of dogs. Adam and I guess the boar in the picture tied to the guys back weighs between 50 and 75 lbs. I thought it was huge! Not to mention the tusks. Back in Oct on a weekend camping trip I was hiking with some friends and heard the snort of a wild boar. I wasn't scared then because I didn't know they could get up to 75 pounds. Dad always told me how dangerous the wild boars are. He tried to explain that they use their tusks if they attack you and could do serious damage, I totally understand what he was talking about now. I asked this local guy if I could take his picture, the boar was really gross and bloody.



1 comment:
Looks like fun! Wish I were there!
Post a Comment