"Shot, what shot? I don't want a shot!"
Allison did a good job at the doctor's office today. She didn't cry too much even after her shot. I think she cried more because she didn't like the nurse holding her leg still. Once I picked her up she settled down pretty quickly. She was very brave. We are spreading out the immunization shots so today she only got one shot and an oral vaccine. In three weeks we will go back to get the other shot that is recommended at 2 months. I am so nervous that she will get a fever from the shot today. She took a good nap this afternoon when we got home, hopefully that means she is feeling ok.
Here are the stats:
weight: 10 lbs 1.5 oz 30-35%
height: 24.5 in 97%
head size: 38.5 in 50%
Yes, you read right, my baby is off the chart in height. The pediatrician had the nurse measure her twice because she didn't believe she got so long so quickly. She reassured me that just because she is 97% now, she won't necessarily be the tallest person in her class. She told me right now her growth is affected mostly by her nutrition and we won't know what part genetics will play until she is about 2 years old. Then we will have a better indication if she is going to stay at the top of the growth chart, and the top row of her class picture. I can't worry about it now, we will cross that bridge when we get to it. How tall do you have to be to be a super model?


No comments:
Post a Comment