I wanted to blog about Allison's birth when I posted the birth pictures but as everyone knows the first few weeks I was in survival mode, no time for blogging, only uploading pictures to keep the fans happy. Now the hormones are starting to subside and the pain from nursing is not as excruciating, finally I am feeling a little better. So here is the story:
It all started with a trip to by ob on Tuesday May 12th. He suggested induction the next day. Understanding the risks I hesitantly agreed to a 7:30 am induction on May 13th. At the hospital I found out I was 3 cm and having contractions about every 10 mins. I didn't realize it because they weren't painful yet. I was put on Cervadil at 10 am and expected to be on it for 12 hours. At 7:45 pm the doctor decided to stop the Cervadil a little early, I was still only 3cm, and start Petocin. I labored until midnight before I called for the epidural. I wonder why I waited that long. With the epidural in Adam and I both got to sleep until about 6am. At 6am I was feeling really strong pressure and I was pretty sure I was ready to push. I couldn't believe when they checked me I was fully dilated. I had to wait until 7:00 to start pushing and really it ended up being later than that. Allison was born at 8:54am and the nurse told me I had pushed for 1 hour and 24 mins. The last 45 mins of pushing I don't think I even opened my eyes, I was in the zone. I was not going to push a minute more than necessary. My advice to all pregnant women, get the epidural! I highly recommend it :)
Overall I have no horror stories to tell. I got admitted to the hospital on Wed May 13th and got discharged Sat May 16th. Now the real fun has begun :)


No comments:
Post a Comment