Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 5, 2009

Doctor's Appointment Yesterday

Finally little Allie is up to her birth weight again!!!  At the pediatrician yesterday she weighed in at 7lbs 6 oz!  Supplementing with the formula has helped things along.  It will take a few weeks but we will be able to slowly reduce the amount of formula she takes and up the amount of nursing.  I know more about my body after this experience than I every thought I would.  I will spare you the details... some details I wish to forget :) It's not glamorous I'll tell you that much.

The doctor also said that since she is gaining weight we do not need to wake her at night to feed her anymore. Hallelujah!!!  Also during the day we do not have to be as structured with her feeding schedule, it can be more on demand.  This makes our life easier.  Last night she ate at 9 pm, then at 11 pm, she was in the crib at midnight and didn't wake me until 4 am.  Then she went right down again until 7 am.  She basically fed all morning and fell asleep again around 10:30 am.  Right now she nurses for about 30 mins and then takes between 1 and 2 ounces of formula.  So all in all her feedings take about an hour.   Right now things are going well :)  


No comments: