So this story has two parts... the first time I went to the hospital was Easter weekend. I was 35 weeks along and I was having serious contractions. I called a friend to come over and stay with Allison while Adam took me to the hospital. I was 4 cm along when they admitted me and at the last ultrasound baby B was breech so I was expecting to have a c-section. However, to everyone's surprise baby B had flipped and was now head down. My doctor told me I could try for a regular birth. I continued to have contractions all night. They wouldn't stall my labor because I was far enough along and they expected the girls to be healthy. By the morning the contractions had slowed down and spaced out. After being observed for 24 hours they let me go home. We were all so relieved the babies would have more time to grow. By this time I had sounded the alarm and my Mom was on a plane to come help out. To everyone's shock (especially mine) the babies waited three more weeks. It was a long three weeks. I felt like a ticking time bomb, any second my water could break and because I was 4cm dilated no one could predict how quickly my labor would progress. It was a very stressful time and I'm so grateful to my Mom for taking over for me. After three weeks of Adam and my Mom watching me like a pot of water that wouldn't boil, my doctor called for the babies to be induced on Friday May 9th. I was hoping to make it to May 10th because that was my Papaw's birthday. I delivered the twins at 5:38 and 5:51pm on May 9th at 38 weeks gestation. Interesting fact: Allison's birthday is 5/14/09 and the twins are 5/9/14.
This picture is the night before the induction, the last day Allison was an only child.
This was MY view of the belly... it had been a while since I had seen my feet
One of the last belly pictures
These pictures are never flattering...
My delivery went smoothly for the most part. Right after my epidural my blood pressure got too low and Madeline's (baby A) heart rate dipped. So they gave me epinephrine (which made me shake like crazy) and oxygen. Madeline's heart rate recovered and everything proceeded as planned. The girls were born 13 mins apart.
They were so big and healthy that Adam got to cut both the cords while the girls were on my chest.
Meeting Madeline was incredible, she looked a lot like Allison
Meeting Annalise was also incredible and surreal, there is no way to anticipate what meeting both babies is going to feel like, it was beyond what I could expect. I couldn't stop laughing, it felt like I was crying happy tears but there were no tears. It was amazing beyond words.
Above is Madeline
This is Annalise under the warmer
We didn't know if the girls were identical, but as soon as we saw them it was obvious that they are fraternal.



2 comments:
I can't believe how beautiful you looked!!!! You definitely had that glow people talk about. I'm just so happy for yall :)
I agree, Kelly! Mom and babies are so beautiful. Dad isn't bad either! ;)
Post a Comment